Re: History of the Heortling Peoples

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_OVffD39TUEZa6yjxxBwX8DE2rr-hnsezy_cMM61o9a99oGe32NYC-5RyPj5jQuRD7TAP>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:07:13 -0000

> >There isn't a key per se, but as ruler of the Hendrikings, Broyan
> >could enter the City of Wonders (basically exploiting a loophole in
> >Belintar's magical defenses). The Argrathsaga is actually mistaken
> >when it connects the sacking of the City of Wonders with the shadow
> >demons that kill Broyan. Belintar - like the Only Old One before him
> >- suppressed many dangerous darkness entities that have haunted
> >Kethaela since the darkness. With Belintar gone, these entities could
> >act again - and some are very very powerful. Broyan was caught
> >completely unaware and was killed - basically because he was a
> >Hendriking High King that didn't pay the ancient Shadow Tribute (he
> >didn't know he had to).
>
> Okay, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining it.

No problem. We deliberately didn't include a lot of stuff about Broyan since it will be in the Grand Argrath Campaign. But when we playtested some of this on my poor players, they were absolutely shocked when half the party (all the players that were companions of King Broyan) got wiped out by darkness demons. The Hero Wars in Dragon Pass will have a lot of this sort of stuff - it isn't just the Lunars against the Orlanthi.

Jeff