Re: History of the Heortling Peoples

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_lw5Z3LEzfx-lsKqWbOSm_IMMgKhxwvOddIU0d5HvKrGDlPrq1-OizTQTwg6CrCZSeWgr>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:13:08 -0000

> Aw Jeff man, thats boring! Surely the funner thing to happen is that
> he is killed coz of betrayal - not because he didn't pay his taxes.
> Groan. How shit would that be in the Gloranthan movie 'The Life of
> Broyan.'

Broyan's death is a wakeup call to a lot of folk - the most powerful Orlanthi hero of the Third Age (at least until his death) is wiped out by ancient demons that are awake AND NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO DEAL WITH THEM! Heck, nobody even knew they were there (the OOO kept them in check since the Dawn and then Belintar kept them in check). There are ancient contracts that need to be honored, but few even know of their existence (since they've been suspended for centuries).

Check out the stuff about the Shadow Tribute in the First Age - the ancient Heortlings knew how to make specific sacrifices at the Dekka Crevice to appease the Darkness (including darkness demons that scared and even defeated Palangio and an army from the Bright Empire). And now they are unleashed. Believe me, that's more fun than an irrelevant non-betrayal.

Jeff