Re: Leika

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_jDw4FsWDAmderm9DvT2f02w1w0dhOy2o_1rxJxDure2dJvs_nYlP8M1W0O6vPCisfvQM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:51:29 -0000

> How does an Ancestor cult fit in with TR & ST. Does it replace
> Orlanth & Ernalda or is it a Hero Cult?

An ancestral god is just like any other god - it just has a particular interest in your bloodline, clan, tribe whatever. You can initiate to it.

> Or do you just for example replace Ernalda's name with Redalda and
> carry on as usual with stuff like Redalda Allmother, etc.

Redalda is relatively minor (as is every other god or goddess other than Orlanth and Ernalda). You can worship her independently from Ernalda or as a subcult of Ernalda. She is too limited a goddess to replace Ernalda.

> Are Orlanth & Ernalda a "paired" cult?

They have some very strong magical links, but they provide very different magic. I suspect Beren and Redalda provide very similar magic.

Now before you guys say - hey Storm Tribe describes these cults differently - I know that. I also think that these compendiums of cults don't hold up well under much scrutiny. That's not a complaint about the writers, but more a complaint of trying to hammer down any cult in a few pages. Personally, I think the format taken in TR and ST is confusing and misleading - and creates lots of weird results.

Jeff