Re: King = Initiate

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_G9OUPK435QOGAz8rwL8fVbYpHWFMKPIH0iFxN8kllSRtyOA-YGwadNdob6p81ol8udy>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:34:12 -0000

Darren:
> Yes but (tm) Jeff where would the anoraks be without all the little
> rules to smugly quote and feel superior with when they find
> a "loophole"

Ooh! You're so going to be smothered with minor subrules the next time we play RQ. Karim won't be able to move for them.

If you have rules, they might as well be consistent. If not, what;s the point.

> such as the Dar Devotee conundrum? They might have to use their
> imaginations instead of being told what to do in the rules. Shock
> horror!

We ... have ... no ... imagination ... we ... play ... RQ ...

> As David Scott points out, it's odd that the rules lawyers never
> seem to quote YGWV or MGF.

What's the point? Whenever you run a scenario, your Glorantha/Game has varied.

I've never understood MGF in the first place. Why would you be playing if it wasn't fun? If you don't like crunchy rules you wouldn't be playing RQ. If you didn't like fast flowing rules, you wouldn't be playing HQ. People play the games they enjoy and tend to have fun.

> Maybe the new edition of HeroQuest should be
> called a Guidebook rather than a Rulesbook.

And let's have hippies wandering around saying they don't need rules and let's just experience the game and other such rubbish.

> Darren (sitting quietly and waiting for the pedant's revolt)

Bloody architects.

I'm not strictly a pedant, but ....