Re: King = Initiate

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_SZ7XDB9SA91KeiLEcd4PSpvk0g8k1YwkzTFK6tXYsLOvj_Jufe3xJHgUDomBi>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:31:15 -0000

Actually, clearly they are not.

> Neither HW or Heroquest has ever been properly play tested, words
> are just slapped on the page to up the word count.

I reckon this statement is 'B', generally true but with a substantially false component.

> The ego trip for Greg's current lapdog seems to be more important
> than putting out coherent material.

Coherent in terms of being faithfull to previous writings? Of course not. Coherent in terms of supporting or, being supported by, the rules. Not a bit of it. A conflict of Greg and Jeff's vision of Glorantha and the rules Greg chose to represent it? Sure. Heroquest is still the best vehicle for Gloranthan gaming in my opinion, you just need to tweek the rules to your own taste. Some of us need to tweek Glorantha to our own taste.

What I am intrigued by is this Pendragon Glorantha; such a system would appeal to my crunchy sensibilities, and tweek my Glorantha node (ooo er). Pass the kleenex....

Regards
Rob