Re: Re: King = Initiate

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_6JUSBBd15ft_WyePBpzKSmP601Eb9ty82VfLezZyYOtmAa9kYjZYZpNdI1zbKMKySpv>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:36:59 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Simon Phipp wrote:

> And let's have hippies wandering around saying they don't need rules
> and let's just experience the game and other such rubbish.

I rather like that style of play thank you very much. Actually not in Glorantha, but that's another story. Which I'm not going to tell - Jimboy Hughes can explain it to you.

And I'm a goth, so kill the hippies.

> I've never understood MGF in the first place. Why would you be
> playing if it wasn't fun? If you don't like crunchy rules you
> wouldn't be playing RQ. If you didn't like fast flowing rules, you
> wouldn't be playing HQ. People play the games they enjoy and tend to
> have fun.

To me MGF is more like Maximum Game Fascism. "you WILL play the game MY way. You WILL laugh when I think you should. You WILL have fun. You WILL NOT take things seriously that I have decreed cannot must be taken humourously"

Bollocks.

either that or it's as meaningless as you point out

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_ST8qFkuj6f2Bd7s-YMVBpYYr76OkbyB5gkws1ecQfze3AlXRjAwVGw0I-S9ViNsuZ15GsZyldH4H7r7MnfUCow.yahoo.invalid