Re: Re Mongoose Source Books

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_a1chz5iwRCGA-TQLb9xTKfBaMq4sRYiWrv2q1jr72Qn-FrCaGti8RVTYrQiOKkZluLy>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 19:42:25 -0000

David Scott:
> Cults books. Don't buy them unless you have no RQIII. Reworked
cult
> write-ups, including Kyger litor. Don't buy this (expensive)
bollocks
> ( I didn't).
>
> Players Guide to Glorantha. More bollocks, although the Folk magic
> was nice if far too short. Don't buy this either ( I didn't)

It's good if you want to play non-human PCs. cenatuars and Minotaurs look pretty good and there are loads of Legendary Abilities.

> Haven't seen the others, but the rune of chaos adventure is really
> expensive bollocks.

Yep, I wouldn't recommend it. The Troll book is fine if you don't have Trollpack, but not great if you do. It does work well with Players Guide to Glorantha for playing troll characters, though.

> I'm looking forward to meeting more of the borg in the machine city.

You will be assimilated.