Duck Joke

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_DfC6cPOPEN_cD7tGEjlRkMqfoXR0qUh5ZD09TVi6-pZG408PsPCjIa-vF12-b5PwtdU>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:21:30 -0000

I've run out of Yelmalian jokes, so here's my all-time favourite Duck Joke. Stop me if you've heard it.

A duck walks into Geo's and asks "Got any worms?". The barman smiles and says this isn't a fishing shop, but the duck asks again "Got any worms?".

The barman is getting a bit annoyed and says "No, this is Geo's, we sell beer, we serve food but we don't sell worms." The duck waits for a few seconds and asks "Got any worms?".

The barman is really ticked off and, being a retired adventurer, doesn't suffer fools gladly and knows exactly what to do, so he says "No! If you ask me again, I'll nail your beak to the bar!".

The duck looks aghast and goes to sit down, but after a few moments, he returns and, with a trembling voice, asks "Got any Nails?". The barman sighs, knowing what kind of day this is likely to turn out to be, and says "No".

"Got any worms?"