Re: Re: Digest Thanks and farewell

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_CLUXoNdux8XAvFRMTVn0xL3FJTBUbpB1LfTK0n4e-W6sxzOC-dUQToIkC9SjuIB0grCz>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:48:10 -0500

I should have posted my thanks to Graham and the others who have kept the Glorantha Digest/Daily/whatever it has been in its long lifetime going for eighteen years.

I first saw the Digest on GEnie, which is where I first asked the question "What is the Internet?" Finding proof of an active, vital Gloranthan community was a blessing to me in those days (and I'm an agnostic, so a blessing to me is no small thing).

Over the years I've gotten to know some of you, at least a bit, and to meet some of you at GloranthaCons. None of that would have been possible without the Digest. I got to meet Sandy Petersen and Chris Lemens over the Digest, and then become part of their gaming group, and their friends (not to mention Paul Jaquays, Steve Marsh, and numerous others along the way). For this alone, I owe the Digest a profound thanks.

Over the many years, my interest in Glorantha has waxed and waned, over and over. So, too, has my interest in Gloranthan game systems and gaming in general. To me, Glorantha is the world against which all others must be measures, its virtues and its flaws included. For that, I thank not only Greg, but the many participants in Gloranthan dialogue made possible by the Digest.

For all the moderators who have nurtured Glorantha, I owe you one.

Guy (Hoyle)