A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DUCK

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_VaQc5UGwmBzuTPzllNcMAlfGvruHbDzFT1K3izRw1ITVtPz71xWf5pKVXxPOE71T>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 11:15:56 +1000

Been there.

Done that.

In 1994.

http://glorantha.temppeli.org/digest/ndaily/1994.04/3583.html

The Wyrm's Footprint presents a fringe-Ironspike systemless multiform...

Roleplaying as you like it - much ado about nothing!

Greg Stafford meets William Shakespeare in a two session romantic comedy for five Gloranthan Ducks with ATTITUDE.

Oh brave (ONE TRUE) world, that has such creatures in it.

Sartar, 1617. Ten leagues from Ironspike and a thousand leagues from care...

However, a tempest is about to overtake the duck denizens inhabiting the peaceful Sartarite hamlet of Lear. Lunar troops - responding measure for measure to the bandit escapades of Orthello the Moor-duck and his merry wives of Wind-Soar - have kidnapped a number of village elders. These hostages, including King John, two gentlewomen called Verona, and seven of the eight Henrys, will soon be in one hot stew. The Lunars plan to serve them up as very special guests at the wicked sheriff's twelfth night dinner unless Orthello turns himself in.

Into this comedy of errors waddle our heroes, four star-crossed lovers and the dread, (though rotund) Death-Lord Quackbeth. The horrible discovery of the missing Henry (the sixth) in three parts means even nastier complications in the form of a broo bachelor's party and an Aldryami exotic dancer with a big copper axe. What is the secret contained in the wagon full of beetroot seized by the Lunars from Octavian, the Merchant of Menace? Will the Lunars, led by Julius, ceasure the village? Who is the mysterious stranger in the donkey mask and iron armour? What about the sacred Ulerian fertility play? Will love's labour be lost or can it be that all's well that ends well. Or to put it another way will the elders truly get stuffed, or can our heroes tell the Lunars to 'get pucked' and so ensure the taming of the broo?

FIND OUT IN...

                  A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DUCK

Romance, confusion, magic and mystery.
Ducks, elves, fairies and broo.
A fun-filled feast of frolic and fantasy that'll quack you up. Sauce L'Orange?

Featuring a cameo appearance by Nick Brooke, pursued by a white bear. Original soundtrack for two Storm Bull and a krashkid by David Hall.

(I note that the wagon of beetroot reappeared in a later module).

>Personally, I'd like to see more along the lines of Carry On
>HeroQuesting, The Hitch Hiker's Guide to Glorantha, The Broos
>Brothers (they're on a Mission from God), and Three Men in a Cradle
>8o)

You'll find endless discussions of sub-creative pun ideas such as these in the archives of the GD.
Oh, I forgot, there isn't a GD any more ...

DimJim