Vedr. DBRP Playtest

From: Trifletraxor <sverrelarne_at_igrsZaxX-m0PQuJ4P1AG9Ikqsq2QyE4qKRuNk6OCCsLlk7QXfoxHLHwJmKqoc5PS>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:16:32 +0200 (CEST)

Where on the net can I find the DBRP playtest group?

  SGL.            Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_VVcy0171raklzVAzEPvd_kospgXyAmexJLst_FlqvutPxdbSm594XtxSiDdex8U5jl4yXhTdG54.yahoo.invalid> skrev:

          Did anyone else enjoy the bust-up on the DBRP Playtest Group?

Unfortunately, my broadband access has been down at home and I've been on holiday, otherwise I'd have stirred it up a bit.

Basically, it went something like this (paraphrased of course):

Seraphim Guard: "We are pleased to announce that Seraphim Guard are going to produce a supplement for DBRP based on a comic book that nobody has heard of."

Sven Lugar: "You're a liar! I've just emailed someone who works for Seraphim Guard and they only produce demonic supplements for the Devil's Own RQM. How dare you claim that your works are by the Host of Angels (D100/DBRP) and not the works of Satan (Mongoose)?"

Seraphim Guard: "We do some RQM things, but we are also going to produce this different module for DBRP/D100. I don't appreciate being called a liar."

Sven Lugar: "I never called you a liar! You're a liar. I asked a Seraphim Guard employee about what RQ things they produced and they said they produce a series using those Satanic Works (RQM). How can you say two things at once? You're a liar!"

Seraphim Guard: "We produce for both systems. You only asked about our RQ range, not our D100/DBRP range."

Sven Lugar: "You're a liar!"

Then it degenerated a bit. All good fun, really.

It's amazing the level of hatred people have for Mongoose and Glorantha. There were people saying that Mongoose are the lowest of the low because they didn't credit everyone who had every worked on every previous version of RQ, rather than the people involved in writing the new version. Other people said that Mongoose should be shot for selling out the pure RQ and that Chaosium were saints for supporting RQ over the years and for keeping the pure form. They forgot, of course, that Chaosium hasn't been involved in publishing RQ for over 20 years.

Hopefully, when DBRP/D100 comes out (curently November but more likely to be "Next Year") we'll have RQ Wars between those who support D100 and those who support RQM. Of course, I sit on the fence and would like both to work, but that's because I'm not a jerk. Well, I am, but you see my point.

I haven't seen a spat like it since Vinga turned out to be a man disguised as a lesbian.

See Ya

Simon

GBC's Portal to RuneQuest & Glorantha - fan art, links, resources & powsie!   Basic Roleplaying Yahoo! Group - Chaosiums upcoming d100 system for fall 2007   basicroleplaying.com - fan page for the new system to be developed later