Re: Re: Drums, drums, drums...

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_DL-JV81-xm7y5umV8nzoqho9OoT6A58o9ZiOcyrqOydEYnhzdRf8LHPHBjoVP1ct>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:58:43 +1000

>fuck off stu

  1. Concept editing

Rob, your purpose is clear and concise. Completely ignoring any factual rebuttal, or indeed fact, and descending into casual obscenity without being distracted by the need for the customary ad hominum attack shows a clarity of purpose and is well within the presentation standards of the list that is your intended audience.

However, the insult you employ is robbed of much of its intended effect by its commonality and cliche.

2. Content editing

The lack of content precludes the need for this other-wise important step.

3. Copy editing

Sentences usually start with a capital.

Sentences usually end with a punctuation mark.

His preferred diminutive is 'Stew'.

Could I suggest:

'Fuck off Stew.'

or even

'Fuck off Stew!'

4. Ghostwriting

"A pox on thee and thine seed, thou impertinent, boil-featured fustilarian, gorbellied urchin-snouted scorpion egg, who art no greater than the broo-brained malt-worm that bears your mothers name! Ha, away from me you onion-eyed nave!! Thou art a lumpy natured, pasty visaged, pox ridden, penguin keet molesting pasture-pie! Thou art a yeasty beef-witted moldwarp, a durultz of the drains, and, by the by, may thou be plagued with reeky, pox-marked barin and a droning, beetle-headed harpy fer ye wife, if indeed thou canst ever conceal the drooping of your close-attended diminutive member long enough to swindle wedlock upon a simple Cheapside harlot! Your inexorable scribblings combine the cobweb crotched arrogance of the detested P.M. with the raging, yurt-felting egotism and empty bluster of the excerable J.R., together with the mastubatory ramblings of that fat-kidneyed dewberry J.H. Pox sir, pox and fie! Flee before the wrath of the righteous multitude."

I charge by the word.

DimJim

At 01:00 AM 16/08/2007, you wrote:
>fuck off stu
>

>--- In ImmoderateGloranthaQuest_at_yahoogroups.com, "Stewart Stansfield"
><stu_stansfield_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > Rob:
> > > FUCK OFF STU
> >
> > In the spirit of being helpful: ever thought of using a copy editor?
> >
> > While you're at it, a content editor might prove useful, too.
> >
> > Actually, to be honest, a ghostwriter might not be a bad investment.
> >
> > Stu.
> >

>You Are All Idiots. Signed, De Immod.
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

John Hughes
Publications Editor
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research College of Arts and Social Sciences
Hanna Neumann Building #21
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

T: +61 2 6125 0649
F: +61 2 6125 9730
W: www.anu.edu.au/caepr

CRICOS Provider #00120C

The CAEPR website has a large and growing electronic library of publications available
for free download, including Discussion Papers, Working Papers, Monographs and Topical Issues.