Re: Terror in war

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_F-ng4rt02xIu2HbY7J2_tKiAvytNgywnUBHwCFrx-ftozYr5Qzp8BBhJLJfVWtimrl3c>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 05:36:01 -0000

OK, let me try this again:

> Given all of these assumptions, which rebel faction should I, as GM,
> prompt them to join? Who, for example, would take the sponsor role in
> 'Sheep, Clouds, Thunder'? Elmalandti? Minaryth? Somebody else?

It popped in my mind that your game might want to take a third way out - by having your players try to discover some approach to the Lunars other than violent rebellion. Or even try to figure out the source of the contention between Orlanth and the Red Moon and "heal" it.

Starbrow's approach means a vicious war with a powerful and ruthless Empire - simply gaining temporary independence from the Empire followed by another devastating counterattack by the Empire is not going to be an acceptable situation to many Sartarite. So perhaps have your players look for a different approach altogether. Or have your players accept honorable exile with King Broyan or even beyond, rather than getting into the internecine mess that is Sartar 1622-1625.

Jeff