Re: Terror in war

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_beaR93iuxi7KqPQLXtGiRO06P1EwiZ0Btq7D_Uj7gzz6p4Ce0fxiR42XMc0rJn54PS7E>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:58:39 -0000

> Hmm. Well, there IS a new clan adopted into the Colymar after the
> Dragonraising - the Rakstant. As I recall, the wyter of the
> Blackoaks has a similar name. There *is* a heroquest proving that
> Doburdun is Orlanth's kin out there (Voriof and the Black Castle).
> Such a quest might be modified to have the same sort of efect as
> Monrogh's Yelmalio quest... except that in this case, the
> quest "proves" that Doburdun is actually Ohrlmanth.

Yep. Currently I think if such a heroquest occured after the Dragonraising it might be supported by the Black Oaks in order to survive - and by more pragmatic leaders of the Colymar who want to avoid internal bloodshed and keep the strengths of the Black Oak clan.  The quest might well have been opposed by the Seven Mothers worshiping members of the clan and by those Colymar clans screwed by the Black Oaks.

Once the Black Oaks prove that they are really the Rakstantings, I think legally they become a different group. Something similar happened during the Darkness when the Vingkotlings ceased to be Vingkotlings in order to avoid Zzabur's curse.

Jeff