Re: "Bad" Lunars vs. "good" Orlanthi

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at__Ll3HqFej-h-ZdmIeuNvf5f733qIK2_8-CDohmko1XpojzhaWiK6qCplqp-VArzPSgy>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:16:24 -0000

oswaldtrimling:
> And 'harem'? I kind of got the impression that they were monogamous,
> and didn't approve of that sort of thing. But I may not have read
GRoY
> recently enough...

The way I see it is that Yelmic Nobles and the middle class Yelmites have one wife and several concubines. That way, the wife needn't be bothered with all that messy stuff apart from when producing heirs, the concubines can still have a good position in society and the husband can have his cake and eat it. Everyone is happy. Mythically, Yelm had one wife, Dendara, but had concubines, Ernalda and Oslira being the ones that springs to mind but there were probably more. Wasn't the Heron Goddes one of Yelm's concubines or was she trying to bring him down?

The lower classes, or Lodrilites, have many wives, as Lodril had many wives.

Hey, this is getting too serious again.

See Ya

Simon