Re: Gloranthan WAGs and HAGs

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_ZRf5XOc3Iz2oZVYvMWhpdqS1PPfn_U_3f1hUR0B5JovO4AvlIDv3WetNWwFHItG3c5F>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 11:17:01 -0000

Stewart Stansfield:
> One question was the nature of the husband-protectors--from a
similar
> cultural-religious theme, pertinent to a faction or locality; or aim
> for the full suite from myth? I'll probably go for a "gotta get 'em
> all" suite. A household with a Storm-husband, Dark-husband and Fire-
> husband is always game for a laugh.

They'd have to be in different houses/rooms otherwise they'd argue all day. Rich households would have a big house with a lot of little houses around it in a Waco-style compound, with the Yelmic chappie in a yellow house, the Orlanth chappie in an Orange house, the Argan Argari in a black house and so on. They'd each visit on their day of the month, so Argan Argar on Freezeday, Orlanth on Windsday, Yelm/Yelmalio on Fireday and so on. Poorer households would have separate rooms with the door painted the correct colour and the husbands arguing all the while. Really poor households would have different corners of the room painted different colours and the husbands glaring at each other. Dirt poor households would have different coloured blankets and the other husbands staring at the opposite wall when it wasn't their night.

Since Ernalda put it about even more than Orlanth, she could have lots of husband protectors and a rich Esrolian could have one for every day of the week. You could even have a Doburdan and Orlanthi or a Yelmite and Yelmalian for spice. It makes nightly visits even more fun.

Simon