Moon Design - Printing update - good news.

From: Rick Meints <rjmeints_at_YVpoMgOr-Myb4lOfwRpGH8z6Amj7Uron4wsTd-JdEIjUEU_bu17v2BgqfvAx3mRxtdZ>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 18:58:29 -0000

Hello all,

My apologies for the delay in responding. I didn't want to reply until I had an update from the printers. I just got off of the phone with them, and here is where things stand:

ISS1306 - Champions of the Reaching Moon Will be back from the printers before the end of this month. It will be going directly to Warehouse 23, my Distributor, and over to Ingo for sales in Europe.

ISS1307 - Blood Over Gold
With some good timing, it will be done at the same time as Champions. At worst, it will be one week after.

Both books should be winding up in stores some time in early September, and will be on sale via Tradetalk and W23.

Why did they take so long to get printed? The short answer is that my printer almost went backrupt, had fallen way behind on their printing (including mine), kept promising to get everything back on track in a few more days, and then a few more days, and finally they got bought out. Normally, I would have just cancelled my order, but I had paid a large up-front deposit to get a discounted printing rate. That pretty much tied up all of my spare cash. Lessons learned on my part, that's for sure. Now that the printer has been bought out and has formally agreed to honor the debt, the books are FINALLY getting printed.

I have hated this situation and the delays that have resulted from it. I want to get these books into the hands of Gloranthans. The PDFs on DrivethruRPG were put up before the paper books were ready just to get something out there to all who have been patiently waiting. I very much appreciate everyone who has hung in there.

Thanks. More good things to come.

Rick Meints
Moon Design Publications