Re: Lokarnos gone!

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_Kw4IWPm64z3zukaE4NNnau4gIA8lsYG85Dwd32bY3rKl8mcext06Fi84YfKJLcRmu-tX>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:52:38 -0000

> Well, I suggest you take a look at your post 4568 among others for your
> view on the heroic Heortling struggle. I suggest you take a look at
> Runequest 2 rulebook Introduction to Glorantha for the sort of
> inspirational heroic interperatation for the struggle for Dragon Pass
> and the Heortlings for their fight for freedom against a conquering
> empire.

Would it make you happier if I cited from Beowulf, Volsungsaga, Egil's Saga, Njal's Saga, the Shahnama, the Mahabharata (admittedly I am only really familiar with the Bhagavad Gita), or the Upanishads for heroic misdeeds? I admit I find your desire to have pure unsullied progressive heroes in an age of heroic and mythic struggle perplexing - but that is an aesthetic choice.

> I much prefer Greg Staffords Dragon Pass to yours Jeff.

Have you actually read History of the Heortling Peoples, Middle Sea Empire, or Enclosure 1 or 2? Or how about Orlmarthingsaga or Taming of Dragon Pass? Can you even spot the difference between what Greg wrote and what I wrote in materials we co-wrote?

Jeff