Re: Lokarnos gone!

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_R3cniR8Kck05IJoR6aBAk1EZHkd5D6zaqr7swnApmVPwt0o7zu2gHS04LeDOnycJLtR2>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 14:34:39 -0000

> > Would it make you happier if I cited from Beowulf, Volsungsaga,
> Egil's
> > Saga, Njal's Saga, the Shahnama, the Mahabharata (admittedly I am
> only
> > really familiar with the Bhagavad Gita), or the Upanishads for
> heroic
> > misdeeds? I admit I find your desire to have pure unsullied
> > progressive heroes in an age of heroic and mythic struggle
> perplexing
> > - but that is an aesthetic choice.
>
> Yawn. Showing off again Jeff? You'll start people thinking you're
> trying to make up for something.

Rob cited a specific email where I referenced a few Greek and Roman sources and complained I was making things too Classical. Now I offer to use the sources Greg cites in RQ2 and Rob again bitches. Rob doth protest too much, methinks.

> > Have you actually read History of the Heortling Peoples - No,
> because I am singularly unimpressed that the folk from Hendrikei and
> Heortland are so indistinguishable from their northern kin, contrary
> to the impression given in RQ3.

So you are going to ignore Greg's background material? And then bitch and moan about something you haven't read? Because you think it contradicts an impression given in RQ3?

> > Middle Sea Empire - Partly, but got bored with the esotera, which
> is why I generally avoid Unfinished Works

OK, so you generally want to ignore the background fiction of Greg Stafford and just want us to write answers written in game speech so that it can be spoon fed to you in easy to digest form.

> > Or how about Orlmarthingsaga or Taming
> > of Dragon Pass? Now I like that stuff. A lot. A bit too Norse in
> flovour for me, but near enough to my own Iron Age Briton as makes no
> difference.

OK, so you've read that. And somehow that is incompatible with History of the Heortling People or anything else I've worked on?

> > Can you even spot the difference between what Greg
> > wrote and what I wrote in materials we co-wrote?
> I don't know. But I suspect he knows where to put 'back drop' and how
> to write for heroic protaganists in fiction. Something you don't seem
> to. All in my opinion of course.

You've just admitted you haven't read any of the stuff I've worked on (other than Orlmarthing and ToDP - which you liked) and yet have come to that conclusion? Amazing.

Jeff