Re: What's Happening on the Lists?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_jXmmSNvNBiKv-C7g4V5kXl_Y-hIdMxrlzowG2jr54qJwxh_MOPCRktSI0L20Pr25W_NG>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 06:27:32 -0000

> The problem comes when you can't remember who N. Balaclava is at all.
> "Is that Humakt? Chalana Arroy? Eurmal? Oh, sod it..." It's pretty
> easy to remember that 'Orlanatus', say, is another name for Orlanth.
> Similarly Hum'Akt, among others. 'N. Balaclava' is a bit trickier.

If you are running a game in or writing about Talastar or Carmania, these names matter. If you aren't they probably don't. Frex, I very rarely consult my Entekosiad when I am running a game in Dragon Pass.

> Depending on how and where it's done, it may not be. Unless you want
> to use something you can't understand as background for something you
> want to get published, I suppose. But in your own game, no, not so much.

You want to publish something in Talastar or Carmania? Great! If you are working with Rick, then I am sure Greg and I are happy to pass on whatever material we have. Otherwise, just enjoy these little early draft snippets from our Orlanthi mythology book and enjoy the book when it is published.

Jeff