Re: What's Happening on the Lists?

From: David Hall <davidchall_at_Zj20AfuZjyJeflgmOtRIa0a1L2xsuTRLAwpmI1FDE3MnDteRkgXBtfgkHhQK3EQ7K>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 00:29:07 -0000

There is only one Greg, and Glorantha is his creation.

There have been three prophets of Greg, blessed and anointed by him.

The first was the Babbling Brooke ("Mr Gloranthan Insight 1997"). He is the Lost Prophet. In a time of great darkness he brought us all great insight, knowledge and acceptance of the Lunar Way (and Yurts). He was blessed with much perception and freely shared it with everyone until he lost his path and fell into the Gidlow heresy. Alas, his fall was swift and the heresy was anathematised and totally expunged from our canon. Some heretics still secretly follow this way, but they hide in fear for inevitably they shall be driven out by our informers and purged - however unspoken their words may be.

The second was Stevie, the Goat Prophet. May the person who brought him to Greg be eternally cursed and exiled to a faraway place of heat, dust and endless barbeques! Stevie was blessed by Greg and was his Divine Messenger. He had the power, but he grew foolish & arrogant with it. He took upon himself the title of Prophet, tricking Greg and locking him away in an inviolable prison, while he plotted to transform himself into the New Greg. Only a small band of seven brave heroes, led by the Mighty Minty Breath (the true Divine Messenger), was able to unmask him, cast him down in his evilness (with just recompense), and release Greg from his imprisonment. We do not speak his name now for it is accursed. Vile! Hateful! Evil! Accursed Goat!

The third prophet is Jeffogato, the One True Prophet. He is blessed by Greg in word and deed. He is wise and far-travelled and has never been defeated in argument: it is simply not possible. He is also known as the prophet of the Last Word, for it must be so. He is loved and blessed by the people and must be obeyed in all things as if he were Greg himself. We worship him and we abase ourselves before him for he is certainly the last prophet. Rejoice! Rejoice!

May the light of divine Greg inspire this document and protect it from the vile co-creators of the so-called Gloranthan Commune!

All Hail Greg! YPWV!

Divad Llah
Semi-Divine Messenger (ret'd)