Re: What's Happening on the Lists?

From: jorganos <joe_at_IQOIc-EiXdhjagxLah_NsfNbxCuyTt9RFVig8bYU0BmArZWsgUw9QoNshUPFy2o4hplswVjP>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:07:04 -0000

John Machin quoting someone else:
> Given this, is it especially hard for people to ignore the bits they
> don't like?
> E.G. "This crawling on your belly to enter the holy precinct is cool -
> but who the hell is Enbaklava? I'll keep calling him Humakt thanks
> very much!"

The casual reader requires a "Enbaklava, who the hill barbarians call Humakt" to avoid being confounded.

When I will add the finalized spelling(s) to my index, it will probably only appear as another synonym for Humakt. Although with the current trend, a list of names for a deity with region and circumstances attached probably ought to be a feature.

> By all means ignore the explosion of 'ancient names' if you don't like
> them! Call every grim god with a sword Humakt if its easier for you.
> Even if it does mean you are a God-learning kook.

Go play Second Age then...

> Bugger, now I can't decide if I was serious or just being a
> trouble-making dickhead...

Pray tell the difference?