Re: Re: What's Happening on the Lists?

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_jzArr1WdiALrrLsgvZYyjTnb_C2GdX1Xc-FudjUMFaDj3zyTjEkv7U7v8g_bfDn>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 21:41:26 +1100

The semi-divine David, who turned cappucino verily into snot in the very nose of the prophet, all praise him! made me think that there are parallels between Glorantha fandom and the early Christian church, and as such, there should be a nifty little card game based on it. Here's a start on some of the Articles of Faith.

I guess the next thing we do is dig up Nick Brooke and convict him of heresy.

Credo Articles
Credo reflects the politics and conflicts around creating the World of Glorantha. The sect supporting each article is listed last.

Article 1

I believe in three Creators, which are: Tritheist

I believe in many creators, including: FarPointPagan

I believe in One Greg, Orthodox

Article 2

Greg, Staffordian

The Rules of Gaming, the Value of Imaginary Worlds, the Study of Mythology. Anthropowanking

The Copyright Owner, Almighty, Fan Agreement of Heaven and Earth, of all things visible and invisible. Legalist

Articles 1+2

I believe in two Gregs, one Good, maker of all things unfinished and invisible; one Evil, maker of all things published and retconned. Dualism

Article 3

Who appeared in Our boardgame, White Bear Red Moont, Monophysite

I believe in One Ruleset, Runequest, Foremost Ruleset of Glorantha, Runequestising

I believe in the true games of the world, including Hero Wars Many Games

I believe in One Game, Heroquest, only begotten game of Glorantha Orthodox

Article 4

Created by the Greg, Who named it "Glorantha"

Whose spirit, the Imagined World, is eternally begotten of the Greg,

Fully Divine and Truly Greg, Monogreggsite

Begotten of the Greg at Convulsion, Metcalfian

A game from the Sandy Petersen Many Games

Eternally begotten of the Greg, Greg from Greg, Brooke from Brooke, King of Dragon Pass, programmed not made, Orthodox

Articles 3+4

I believe in One Lord, Greg perfectly guided by the Word of Minty, Indexian

Articles 3,4+5

I believe in Robin Laws, Foremost Prophet of Games, Gamer

Article 5

Being of different substance but having the same game world as the Runequest; HeroQuestite