Re: Ducks

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_qrEYkUb00IRj4AOPxR7fwPy22Kuv1d3aOXnOeUAqZxdxWAscxL-RkRGJwVD25>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:22:02 -0000

Hi Sam!

[By the way, I'm not ignoring the kind answers on WoG, I just have to finish a piccy before I post.]

Thanks for the kind words. Funny about the head - it's the only bit ducklore that remains in my 'mainstream' Caladraland stuff, as some horrid portent...

That and them getting sacrificed, that is.

> May I put in a request? I know it would be highly ambitious, but I
think you
> should have a stab at a Rivera-esque mural (albeit on paper rather
than a
> wall).

I'm ashamed to say I was ignorant of that until I googled it. I'd love to; my only problem is time and distractibility. I take absolutely ages with art, and part of the reason I like doing these scrappy sketches at the mo' is that they're relatively quick and painless. And kind folks like Dario can come along and finish them off. :o)

> Is there somewhere a durulz city built on a lake?

Yup! In a caldera lake, built atop mounds of skulls and entrails. But that seems to exist in one of Stew's more extreme Gloranthas... I'm making an effort to cautiously look at the Durulz Valley lot at the moment, something I've purposefully avoided in the past. There's always the Duck Point brothels as a backdrop, but that might...

Best,

Stew.