Tar

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_djpfUn6qnTZWcDQVtZbs0hyHRP9JpFg7a_Y98zrMnZpkzDLWOUPHsFk8ju-mVT8R>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 07:39:26 -0000

Simon :

> So tell me why does Tarumath not exist this week then?

I've avoided weighing in on this one, but fact is that Tarumath never actually "existed" per se, as this is just a different name for Umath...

The prefix Tar- is actually a _title_ , like "Darth" in Star Wars.

Tar- can be loosely translated as "High" or even "The High" ; so High Umath (or the High Storm) versus just plain Umath.

This is not to say that a specific subcult/sub-myth/sub-whatever of Tarumath has never existed, centred upon certain "high" features of Umath ; BUT given that the Cult of Umath itself does not currently exist, and did not exist when Greg/Steve first came up with this notion, there is therefore currently no subcult of Tarumath either.

---

Compare Heler and Tarheler(a) --- there is a subcult of Tarheler(a),
but Tarheler(a) is far more a certain method of worshipping Heler
rather than a separate entity in his/her/its own right. :-)

Julian Lord