Re: Re: Film Inspirations

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_jw6B0iLJYUcmaHQ3FJ4NYBXnmqSjruBbe_1kS5aXxXmyHrjFM4ILKi3p8IdUt1IX>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:00:25 +1100

Das Boot rises!

>If you watch it expecting an action film and not as history or
>something to bolster your political beliefs then you should enjoy it.
>Of course if your mother forced you to wear a dress, like John's
>obviously did, then you will be highly offended by it.

David, I'm very, very pleased. Great work, much improved. You've obviously learned to use a spell checker. Beyond the mere words, your sentences have an uncharacteristic coherence and are almost relevant to the topic at hand. The only problem is that we've been talking about four films, so your evocation of 'it' remains a little vague. While we may remain nostalgic for your fact-free, incohorent ramblings of yore, its great to see the medication has finally kicked in.

Come and sit at the front of the class. Here's a nice rubber stamp on your wrist that says 'Most Improved'. If you peek just a little, you may catch a glimpse of what a real Orlanthi wears beneath his kilt. How exciting.

DJ

John Hughes
Publications Editor
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research College of Arts and Social Sciences
Hanna Neumann Building #21
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 0200 Australia

T: +61 2 6125 0649
F: +61 2 6125 9730
W: www.anu.edu.au/caepr

CRICOS Provider #00120C

The CAEPR website has a large and growing electronic library of publications available
for free download, including Discussion Papers, Working Papers, Monographs and Topical Issues.