Re: Film Inspirations

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_UGJSVCqlyNcxuBT9E8cHdraYpbkhu4o9R3fl4CrX7fOPjH5kDtjaCc9r81bLZEXI>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:06:53 -0000

De Boat Wrote:

> >><SamLElliot_at_> wrote:
> >> I am all alone for some ten days (my wife is in the US) and I
have a
> >> pirate dvd (heh heh heh, all the rage here in Brazil) of 300 to
watch
> >> on my own. But now I'm not sure I want to watch it after all. I
might

> >David, I'm very, very pleased. Great work, much improved. You've
> >obviously learned to use a spell checker. Beyond the mere words,
your
> >sentences have an uncharacteristic coherence and are almost
relevant
> >to the topic at hand. The only problem is that we've been talking
> >about four films, so your evocation of 'it' remains a little vague.
> >While we may remain nostalgic for your fact-free, incohorent
> >ramblings of yore, its great to see the medication has finally
kicked
> >in.
>
> You need to pay more attention in class as 'it' was in the clipped
text.

Shush there --- and please refrain from discouraging our Great And Mighty Mythopoeic and AnthropoWankic WordSmiths slash Dreamers slash Users Of Illicit Substances While Posting And Games Mastering from seeing all kinds of wacky and wonderful hidden meanings and associations in the Great Logos of the Immoderate List.

---

Even in something so trite as the simple definite pronoun, 3rd
person, neutral gender, objective case, "it".

---

Otherwise they might never again regale us with such frankly
magisterial creations as the adjective "incohorent", in all its
attendent subtlety --- clearly derived from the rare Latin verb
horior (tu stimulate, to excite), this subtle jibe was clearly meant
in its rhetoric to persuade one into believing that your typical
writings might be lacking in rigour and structure due to a certain
rythmic consonance with another, less precious, English adjective
(subtly alluded to earlier in the poem) ; whereas in fact the true
suggestion is of an inability (in-) on your part, dear ex-Immod, as
part of the group (-co-) to help stimulate and excite (-horent) ; in
other (more trite) words, that you're all alone in the playground.

Aaaah the wonders of poetry and wordsmithing, and Thank the Gods for
these Masters that deign walk among us !!!!

Julian Lord