Re: Ganesatarus

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_tpfnd6n884WIPEd0Q5gmD8McGthrGSMQv4n1ZJ0dZfR7E3frqt7AKibYa9kYCg1VYSb>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 21:31:28 +1300

At 04:11 a.m. 15/10/2008, you wrote:

>Any thoughts as to Ganesatarus? Is it an actual God or is it a concept
>ie The Invisible God.

It's an actual god but since you specified RQ, it has it's own college of magic (cf Gods of Glorantha) which is also "associated" with Idovanus. His college would be replete with the summoning of demons and also drawing on power from the dark.

>Is it Zorak Zoran? Subere?

Subere would be a much better fit save that in Gods of Glorantha and Troll Gods, she is treated as a divine magic entity whereas Ganesatarus is sorcerous.

>Is it a member of the Chaos Pantheon?

No.

>My view at the Moment is:
>
>Ganesatarus > Zorak Zoran
>Idovanus > Yelm

>Both Lesser Gods under the Invisible God

I'm not too sure what the > is meant to signify (I get two possible ideas, one of which I'll agree with and the other which I disagree).

A better way of understanding might be. Ganesatarus and Idovanus are both names for the Invisible God in Peloria. Acknowledgement of one name precludes the acceptance of the other and mandates war against anybody who follows the other name.

Zorak Zoran is a troll name for the demon that is known variously as Deshkorgos, Derdromos or Monster Man in the service of Ganesatarus. Other demons that serve Ganesataus are Kazkurtum, the God of Cockroaches that once ruled as Emperor of Dara Happa and YarGan the Abominable, a terrifying monster who has a mouth in his stomach.

--Peter Metcalfe