Re: Damned underfunded publishers!

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_zZVh4R8uyZAK6ZPKyRkVhszDvxLVRWl-_Pb6Yj-DL8yySkVirbBlPkOQH5pLt5jMhcc>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:33:43 -0000

Stewart Stansfield:

> Or, in deference to Glorantha's artists, publish a picture book.
> (Preferably one that you can colour in.) What the plying pluck does
> text matter? It'll only get retconned anyhow.

Picture books are for kids. Perhaps that's the way to get new blood into the game. Peter and Jane and the Minotaur, Peter and Harrek Play Catch, Spot the Hell Hound.

> At least folks are up front about the lack of substantive merit of art
> in Glorantha, so no fear on that regard. Authors write something, it's
> canon. Artists create something, it's a doodle to help layout.

And so it should be. Artwork just takes up space where there could be useful information.

In any case, artwork these days is just pictures. We used to have semi-naked nymphs busting out of the water, warrior women in chainmail bikinis and naked dyads hiding behind trees. Now, that's art.

See Ya

Simon