Re: Glorantha Online & Glorantha Offline

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_3ZJ3MmiTw7EDWAboE0yxCX1m3IFRMCLuusHOVxk6Idhqsmucqpz0C-oWvCXWZ>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:36:48 -0000

De Immod:
> ... up to you, you don't HAVE to insult people if you don't feel like it ... :-)

Reading the latest batch of messages on HQ-rules, I doubt there's any alternative. Frankly, my desire to actually play in Glorantha is diminishing by the minute. I wish that once, just once, people would understand that it's okay to advocate a course of action without necessarily denigrating another. I'm sick and tired of being told how to approach my Gloranthan gaming; of how my preferences are somehow 'wrong'.

(Not-so-serious rants here, naturally, aside. I don't mind RQ at all, really, and have had fun playing it and its BRP brethren. I like it for what it is; what I don't have time for is what people--and I don't necessarily mean David here--often purport it to be, frequently as part of some scheme derived via a period of thought an order of magnitude smaller than the attention span of a goldfish.)

It'd be great if this idiocy stopped. Someone once commented to me that this conflict is crucial to the vibrancy of Gloranthan creativity. No, people just get fucked off and sack it in. If you want to enfranchise Gloranthan creativity, learn some social skills and stop acting like a dick.

Stew.