Re: Apples and entirely-hypothetical Oranges

From: Keith Nellist <keithnellist_at_gIshbwnGPhLhznM_DXvXw1gO1ctUPyD_Pq48mEy5qm5v32dsG56wmEglX1dOiDQ>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:05:50 -0000

This amuses me too, so I agree with Julian this point. Those multiple augments and monstrous lists are not a feature I like.

It strikes me that the things that don't work, that make reasonable numbers unreasonable, is 1) the unlimited multiple augments, which HW did not allow, and the character progression rules, which meant that everyone progressed and would clearly end up beating Jar Eel (I'm sick of Harrek as an example of a 20!! character) If one removed character progression and limited augments(or changed it to simulate narrative more accurately), then one could publish statistics for Glorantha.

Clearly, getting character progression right is difficult. That was the problem, IMO, with RQ when trying to model the heroic scale of Super Heros and Crimson Bats.

Keith