Re: Glorantha Online & Glorantha Offline

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_GJiW70n_u-2Rg2-3fHvXw-2Wiin86rIbHXMJddUGC_tO_dnrDTOHLTydTlqHR>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:29:40 -0000

Ian:
> True, but the problem then becomes how to express views that may
> contradict something somebody else believes in, without causing
> offense.

I'm afraid I can't see an easy answer. If it's any consolation, I think your posts have been very considered and measured in this regard, Ian. Obviously, things between a few of us got off on the wrong foot (re: the notion of Jamie trying a 'purer' approach, rather than using HQ in a less narrativistic sense), but sadly some things just develop that way without any conscious intent.

> So how do we proceed?

For myself, I'm afraid I don't. Whilst that is a cop-out, I play relatively rarely and don't have too vested an interest in the issue. My initial reaction has been worked out of the system. As I don't possess any strong thoughts as to the worth/efficacy/what-have-you of play-styles in general--other than the validity of my own--it's an issue I don't really have to navigate; I can afford to sit on my high ground in arrogant self-satisfaction.

With an oompah band.

Best,

Stew.