HQ Printing Numbers

From: Sean Foster <ebaninth_at_55r5hZnzqGVxresjlCvvLbfy9coOs39giIvxr5_U4P8CVw3up_Kub2Tltm8C6ESDPDa>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:01:55 +0900

> The truth of it is, Glorantha material related to the Dragon Pass area
sells about ten times as many copies as anything else.

If you don't mind people asking, just how much HQ is sold? What are the sales or printing number of:

Dragon Pass (A gazetteer of Kerofinela) = Men of the Sea =
History of the Heortling People =

How big a group (of Anthro...wankers) are we?

Maudlin crap - really should have used more expletive as it _IS_ the immod

I have tried to play HQ, but alas am a wargamer (gasp..the shame) and would much prefer to purchase a good quality (ala Paizo publishing rather than MRQ) printing of RQ:AiG. I, as well as many others, have been spoilt by the quality of Tales and other fan related material. That being said I have bought all of HQ.

RQ was found attractive (in sales) as it was different from D&D, a better pseudo-simulation. Why oh why did it then do a right turn and try to blaze away at a narrative type game. Diceless Amber anyone..."Snooty nosed elitist's" highjacked it. Simulationist wargames sell better, just see D&D and this new pus D&D4e.

I greatly respect Mongoose for getting stuff out, the adventures have been excellent - though not yet as good as a WD85's A Tale to Tell. I just wish their rule set was a progression of RQ3/RQ:AiG rather than a regression. I listened to all of 1 man and his dice, and felt there was definite tension in the room when the big Mongoose talked. "Chortle" Snooty nosed elitist's all. Go Mongoose go. That being said I have bought all of MRQ.

But YGWV

Cheers

Sean

PS

Boatie you're a dick. Feeling a little contrary now that you are off your medication?

PPS
Thanks to Greg/Rick/Moonies past and future for continuing to persevere and get out more HQ stuff.

PPPS
Just a secret, for the collectors. I had long been missing a copy of the 3rd Pavis and the Big Rubble companion (The Legacy of Pavis) - I had missed the window of opportunity 4-5 years? ago. I found some for sale about 4-5 months ago...in Finland. They might still have some copies:- http://www.fantasiapelit.com/index.php?main=ai&kat=single&mista=indeksi&etsi ttava=_12268&pname=Legacy+of+Pavis This isn't an arbitrage possibility on eBay, leave some for others...