Re: Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Re: Opposing runes and the circle of elements - Lodril

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_LKytgtt5jtx9KSXIjSgNwKFg_IWnNGkPdv2r4uhDmHM18Z-1v8NqVy5kCwlq9anUA2>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:54:58 +1000

2009/8/3 Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_O8QSlyWuWGqGN3J2OcrJ0Zcj_j0oJKDbjFUNVgoXwB1aFNcUD0XGCDjGpUPWyFatrOOGnsDIIs8IwEojP8xSpTPHFQ.yahoo.invalid>:
> To let everybody else know what Otago is like, their favorite beer,
> Speights, is produced locally yet affects to come from Southland, a
> completely different province...

Yet what is said of Canterbury's beer? Nothing, and everyone likes it that way...
The real reason that Crusader's supporters come to Dunedin is not to watch rugby, but to find something drinkable.

And, in the spirit of pedantry that is apparently endemic to New Zealanders regardless of origin...

  1. "The Pride of the South" is the wording: Otago Province was everywhere in South Island beyond the good side of the Waitaki. It wasn't until later, in the Division, when Otago (Heaven) was given to Yelm and Southland (Hell) was given to Lodril. Or something.

(Actually it was separate, the same, then seperate, but how can I work Lodril into that?)

--
John Machin