Re: [WorldofGlorantha] Colloquial Idioms

From: Pomeroi <pomeroi_at_-4THZwQuHfIPnjUKCn_m4-Bud07pRmPlNEYDV34K2Oz1sUke2LKPcn0YprB-9Pztof0L>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 23:41:23 +0200

> Colloquial Idioms
>
> Orlanthi:
> He rides the Storm - He is lucky
> The Chief blows your way - The chief shares your opinion
>
> Any more colloquial idioms for any gloranthan cults?! Using s.th. like
> this adds to the atmosphere almost as much some sound historical background.

Mike Mohrfield:
"son of a Broo" as a nasty insult.

Robert Thornton:
How about "Broobait"? I bet most Orlanthi would see red over that....

Greg:
for instance, the yinkin associations apparantly are the source of some slang:
specific biological males parts are calls toms, as in tom cat specific biological female parts are calles pussies, as in pussy cat

"took it in the toms," = hit in the nuts

I was impressed how some jokes were adopted for Glorantha. Any more idioms?!

Maybe we adopt "classics"

alea jacta est
raining cats and dogs

Maybe we find some more examples by trying to find states and moods

As hungry as...
cleverness
speed
sorrowfulness
greed
joy

... and then think about the different cults and how would they call it.

pomeroi