Re: What world-building lessons have you learned from Glorantha?

From: Kenrae <kenrae_at_7mZP2zbIb_1rCvSRmutjfe0qE9T2w9WxaleqTvIA-yIRdA4aDSMsts3UHsXNUGDa3OMZd>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 11:54:34 +0200

> Re: What world-building lessons have you learned from Glorantha?
> Posted by: "Peter Metcalfe" metcalph_at_tzjpDghvIALSnFHjl9ZkCn6VEV-_bGmqBPy4OkwNmEs3UhMuuAFd1GueVGF0d89ckh7-EmdtazXC_7Fmh2b0uIYx.yahoo.invalid metcalphnz
>
> (...)
> Remember your roots. We're in it for the Sex and Violence. Doing cult
> writeups about Nandan or Asyrex is a waste of time as they can easily be
> dealt with in a single paragraph.

I couldn't disagree more.
I prefer Sex in my real life than in my games and I can play tons of sessions without Violence. The fact that there's more to it than just Sex and Violence is what I like most about Glorantha. Of course this comes from someone who loves Storm Tribe and Thunder Rebels, and considers them two of the best roleplaying books ever. I can't stand how they're maligned lately, even from "official" voices.

-Sergi Díaz