Re: What world-building lessons have you learned from Glorantha?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_QYL2QM1nDzHlrmUPX3LZquY2JkpCHlAciaNS2WB7jMWUfjkozkNLQ1Ft7mvcYHA6CMb2>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:39:46 -0000

> My general concern is the de-mystification of Glorantha by all these
> pseudo-scientific approaches to explain everything. I have bullshit
> information about Glorantha I never knew, never wanted to know, and most
> of all, never needed to know about any other fantasy world I ever
> travelled, and there are quite some!

Some people love to have population numbers, others don't. I find it helps give sense of proportion and an idea how things fit together, others don't. Frex, knowing that there are still over 100k Orlanthi in Holay gives me a better idea how that place works.

Greg has ALWAYS done population numbers and deep background on any setting he's worked on. You should see the stuff he did for Pendragon (I accidentally inherited a few Pendragon files along with the bulk of the Glorantha files - they are amazing).

Jeff