RE: Re: What world-building lessons have you learned from Glorantha?

From: Mike Gibb <migibb_at_I0jTotJkN9k0kOBNSYh0yV05M-bY32NVdx9Ljptxu9clwq_nfJHG_AxgzF1lD5n5IY-SE>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:02:52 +0000

Fundamental error in your argument - there are at least two males in Balamory!!! Archie, the inventor - a God Learner (or God Learner construct) if ever there was one - and Spencer - who, as well as being as camp as the other two, is a "gentleman of colour" and therefore equally as suspect on certain right-wing loony parts of the internet. Such as the Immod list!!!!

The actor who played PC Plum is however the only one to get "gay-bashed" in Glasgow as far as I am aware. Now on to more important and immoderate things.... is it wrong of me to find Miss Hooley's hair sexy? Or to want to steal Penny's chair and hare off at 90 down the road to the next strange village?????

Mike

Michael I Gibb
15/1 Richmond Terrace
Edinburgh EH11 2BY

07808 160 701

To: ImmoderateGloranthaQuest_at_yahoogroups.com From: mrnewt_at_NRme0fbEV1VQaNPH4q89lIxSuHoMW_g1660BxOMyNHxrM80XWnmpsGqXIpwpPeCTikGVfynDEdI.yahoo.invalid Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 09:30:47 +0000
Subject: Re: What world-building lessons have you learned from Glorantha?

> Is Newt a genius? Quite possibly, but then I remembered he called a magazine 'Hearts in Glorantha'. For now I'll mark him as 'flawed genius'.

I AM A GENUIS YOU FAT FUCK. I am a 13 year child prodidy who roleplays every day and has written 10 full core-rulebooks since yesterday, egged on by my doting parents Phillipa and Josua Newport - who have given up their own lives so I can fullfil their dream of me wining the RPG Olympics.

Since I can't go and beat John senseless because the cheating, cheating bastard lives on the other side of the world (and my government has quite sensibly baned any of its citezans from going to its old Penal Conlony - even for Kangeroo Boxing tournaments), I feel a bowl movement to compose my own mini-essay about the very poor state of Glorantha.

Its worse than you thought kids, I will not spare you there horror.

Here

It

Comes..

No honestly here it is

gLoRAnTHA Teh State of Undress wot I wrote in five minutes

Once upon Glorantha was a fish....no no it was a Gerbil...or was it a bulbous eyed Toad? I forget but I ramble on, and one, even though I m toothless and ginger and no one but my poor dead dog (fergus) cares any more. And because it was a fish (or GerbilToad) it swallowed the Sun whole. this was a bad thing. IT BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNSS!! It BURNs all the cheeze on toast. King Alfred's elderly girlfriend was not at all amused. "Right Alfy, no sex for you for a month" she goes, "If I wanted crutons I would have made soup!".

Meanwhile Glorantha was undergoing somewhat of a silly teenage phase. Bad skateboarding and a tendency to listen to Opera were the order of the day. "A horse, a horse, A Kindgom for a Horse" Glorantha shouted, which was probably a good thing because a horse will get you faster from point A to Z than a skate board (no mater how cool Metallica says it is).

But woe it was a cry that Glorantha would soon regret:

  1. Fishes can not swim in Horseshite.
  2. No FEET TO REACH THE STIRUPS!!!
  3. Every one now assumed that Glorantha was a wordclass Show Jumper, despite an inherant modesty. Glorantha soon good fed up of being forced to participate in the Sandringham Horsetrails every year.

So faced with this underage drinking problem, Glorantha decided to get into bed with PC Plum ( an obscure Childrens TV character - whom my Mother in Law thought was gay until I pointed out that the other male on the same TV show [extra points if you can name it] was equally effeminate, and this was so that little girls would not get scared of them ). This was a bad move, since it turned out while PC Plum being a hetrosexual male after all (see Mother Law, I WOZ RIGHT!), Glorantha was an asexual concept. Faced with disappointment in this department Glorantha turned to a life of Crime.

And yes my friends it is a Crime that Toilet paper is no longer shiny and we are pampered, PAMPERED I SAY, by this soft-to-arse paper sold by small puppys door to door. I woundn't mind as much but I have to bend down to give them the money. And what do I get for my money? Glorantha in boxes, Glorantha on the under side of my shoes, Glorantha in my navel (it comes in a fluff version now) and even Glorantha on the end of a soap where the pope used to be (the last point being especially gauling since the Pope wins over Glorantha everyday of the week in my comic).

In closing I would like to point out

  1. ALL THIS IS FUCKING TRUE and if you decide to argue any warez on TEH INTERNETS I WILL WINS!!! I LIVE IN WINDONIA, I AM THE GALATIC EMPEROR OF WININZ! SO GIVE IT UP YOU LOOOSERSS!
  2. I know none of you eat your five a day.

3, Preparing chillis for a curry and then touching your penis (or girl parts) will have consquences I will not be held be responsible for.

Love and Lollipops

;O)Newt