Re: Deliberate Obscurantists

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_HPKJzb1guY39zBdNzB167OqsByXTnPk5In3JVbbl0lZi1s91IjLGPkLp27-3RyQsciY>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 14:49:45 +1300

On 1/7/2012 2:30 PM, Sean Foster wrote:
> Esrolia - Matriarchal Gaul. Never thought of that. Publication Art seems
> to indicate Hittites or something Mesopotamian, but Pharaoh made me always
> think of Egypt, so I had Dara Happans as Mesopotamian in dress - Glorious
> Reascent seems to show this as well.

I would have said Mesopotamia but you asked for simple ideas so I gave a dumbed down answer based on your desired level of knowledge (ie Asterix Books).

The Pharaoh makes Esrolia Egyptian perception has long been a problem such that Greg doesn't like it. The word appears only once in History of the Heortling Peoples despite a large part of that book being about the Heortland under the Pharaoh (most of the time God-King is used instead).

--Peter Metcalfe