Re: Digest Number 1317

From: Stewart <stu_stansfield_at_AVdTDSSRvLufzKBfIhO8qfQgg6MQ9boBaLPfErYPufRjOlcV5NCHCWTORkGyl>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:43:30 -0000

Me:
> There are important decisions to face, and I hope that friendship and
> a sincere appreciation, both of both considerable effort and a desire
> to help, doesn't get in the way of them.

Heh. That was an incompetently constructed sentence. It wasn't a subtle call for public defamation and execution of an incompetent web-design team. It was, however, my inference that an entirely competent web-design team has taken the wrong path. I'm not entirely sure as to how far the current software can be customised; or as to whether it might be better to start from scratch, overriding past efforts.

The latter would be a very difficult decision to take, hence my comment.

I'd rather see the adoption of tried and tested (yest customisable) third-party software that has greater functionality and is more aesthetically considered/developed. I'd suggest that many web-users are habituated to such, and that deviations from it are not always considered favourably. Given that the move to site forums in part consitutes an attempt to provide greater usability and visibility, it's something I'd look into.

If there is a good reason as to why this has not been adopted, I'd be interested to hear it.

Stew.