Re: WoG vs Moon Design's forums

From: Rick <rmeints_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 16:11:27 -0000

Moon Design intends to focus on publishing great Gloranthan-based Heroquest material. As we do that we will continue to interact with the Gloranthan online community. We have chosen to mainly do that via the Moon Design website, Facebook, and a few other online places.

We have always known that any action we take will generate a negative reaction from a portion of the Gloranthan community. Such is life. Not publishing book X disappoints some people. Publishing book X disappoints some people. Not answering a question disappoints some people. The answer we provide to a question disappoints some people. Having a forum disappoints some people. Not having a forum disappoints some people. Inevitably, we just focus on doing, and not so much on whether it disappoints the minority. If we felt doing something would disappoint a large majority, of course we would try to avoid that.

When we do something, it is not to "kill" something else. We do not see Glorantha as a zero sum game. We want to create, to add, and to have fun. If you want to use website X, use it. Please name one website we have shut down if you disagree. If you want to use email lists, use them. Please name one email list we shut down if you disagree. If you like a fanzine, read it. Please name one fanzine we have shut down if you disagree. Looking back, some fanzines have stopped, some email lists have stopped, some people have stopped contributing, some yahoo groups have stopped, some websites have stopped, but not because we forced them to stop.

For example, if we publish that "An Alynx has one tail" it is not some ruthlessly naive attempt to kill the idea that "An Alynx has more than one tail". When we decide we want to be more active on our website, it is not some ruthlessly naive attempt to shut down a website or group that you prefer to use. When we published some information on Sun County in the Pavis book it wasn't part of some plan to kill what was said by MOB in Tales #4. When we post a reply on rpg.net it is not a ruthlessly naive attempt to shut down a topic being discussed on World of Glorantha.

Then again, maybe we're just evil. :-)