Re: WoG vs Moon Design's forums

From: julianlord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 05:36:09 -0000

Stewart :

> And as to the point? Why didn't Moon Design publish Jamie's multiple Western manuscripts? What happened to Shannon's Aldryami manuscript? And where did Martin Hawley's various Sea-based supplements go to?
>
> You've no idea, have you?
>
> The early Hero Wars boom utilised a host of fan-authors, in a publication strategy that mixed direction and a broad, overall plan together with the input and desires of said authors.

You're deeply mistaken if you imagine I'm unaware of these matters.

Not every single detail of every single person's own relationship with the whole affair no, but then in that case nor are you.

But there has to be a clear difference between professionally produced Gloranthan publications and fan materials -- that distinction was blurred beyond recognition in the early HW period, and it's just pure vanity to imagine that things were better back then simply because it was simultaneously easier to get published, and easier to have a massive project "supported" with no real guarantee of actual publication at the end of the day.

Calling Moon Design "ruthless" and "centralised" OTOH is just cack.