Re: KoDP patch ?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:43:42 -0800

In The Glorantha Digest V7 #271, Roger McCarthy wrote:

> Is there any chance that David or someone could resend the KoDP patch as
> either I didn't get or Hotmail deleted the relevant Digest from my account
> over Xmas.

It's still on our web site (in fact, there's now a newer version).

> One KoDP question: is there a standard tariff for different types of
> gifts/favours ? - just sending 40 or 50 food as a gift seems to have no
> effect on most clans and given that at least in the early part of the game
> you can generally trade a few horses for a LOT of food or goods I've no idea
> how many horses would equal one favour.

1 Bushel of food is worth only 0.5 cows.

> However on repeated clan random events my current clan has definitely
> produced 4 ugly Orlanthi in search of a bribe up to 1351 (we're obviously
> not called the Squat Oaks for nothing - or is there something in the tula
> water supply...)

If this is the one with the troublesome brothers, it's not a repeat random event. It's a situation you haven't resolved that keeps cropping up.

Or perhaps you're seeing the same artwork re-used for a different situation? (The weaponthane who comes to collect a wergild -- which is not a bribe! -- is used for other situations.)

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.