Re: multiplayer

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:47:28 -0500

Martin Crim wrote:

> From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_...>
>
> The message board at http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/48065 has some ideas
> about multiplayer play of KoDP. I have another: each player plays a member
> of a clan's ring. Best played on the Internet. Interaction would be a
> large part of the game, though leaders in particular situations would have
> to make their own decisions.
> I've done similar things in table-top RPG's, and always found it to be
> great fun.
>
> --Martin

This is how we do it at home. We run the game while waiting for folks to show up for the regular RPG (currently a playtest Hero Wars). And its always a good way to waste time while the laggards show up.

I must say, we DO argue like the Clan Ring.

"Attack them!
"No, we're too weak.
"No way, we've got Humakt on our side.
"I still think we should be exploring.

(time passes, the Vorkosigan clan is crushed in battle) "Told you they were tough.
"Shaddup.

Jeff Kyer