Re: multiplayer

From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 20:28:42 -0500

At 03:19 PM 1/12/2000 EST, Kmnellist_at_... wrote:
> I had thought that the multiplayer concept was to do with each player
>controlling a clan, which is quite different from each player controlling a
>ring member. The question I would have about a multi ring member would be
how
>do the different agendas of each noble get represented, and therefore how do
>players playing those leaders get to either 'win' or 'lose' in relation to
>the other players?

Similar to the board games Junta and Kremlin, the Machiavellian cooperation games that border on roleplaying. In Junta, you win by having your family end the game with the most money in your Swiss bank account. I forget the victory conditions for Kremlin, but it had to do with getting the functionaries you control in the top spot the longest. Translated into KoDP terms, that means either a point system or a simple tracking of how many years you controlled the chief/king (and possibly other ring members).  Frankly, I'd just play it for fun, not a victory, though.

--Martin