Re: multiplayer

From: bjm10_at_...
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 15:30:47 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 Kmnellist_at_... wrote:

> I had thought that the multiplayer concept was to do with each player
> controlling a clan, which is quite different from each player controlling a

I would prefer one player per clan, myself. Much more work for A Sharp, of course. The following issues would need to be addressed:

Timing of consequences.
Timing of responses.

As I see it, a turn has the following structure:

Action

      Consequence Demanding Response
      Consequence Permitting Response
      Consequence not Permitting Response

Likewise, there are Events, which can inturrupt an Action. They also fall into the three categories above, although most are either "Demand" or "not Permitting".

Adding multiple players means that one player's Action could become another's Event.

This can prove tricky.