Re: Heroquest help

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:58:51 -0500

Jane Williams wrote:
Interesting solution. Its different from mine. Basically the same as yours till we get to the Steading...

> The Uralda quest.
>
> She said to them,�The two-legs will protect us from biting things, and
> give us shelter.� They said they wanted protection from biting things,
> and were curious about this new thing called shelter. So they followed
> her all the way to the two-leg encampment, where they lived for some
> time.

Mythically, Uralda just left with the cows. Like all good males, the bulls follow after.

> The bulls saw the two-legs cutting up and eating other cows, and were
> afraid. Enent said to them, �A little lost blood is nothing, when there is
> life to be given.� The bulls accepted what Enent said, and troubled her
> no more. Later, the cows complained that the two-legs were taking
> their milk, and Uralda explained that by treating the two-leg children as
> their own, there would always be two-legs. And, wherever there were
> two-legs, there would be fat and happy cows. This comforted them.
> Enent returned to the land of mortals, her quest successful despite her
> wounds. The god-talkers said that when people became stubborn, we
> would be able to sway them from their foolish positions.

And, since we are cattle here, I sang them a maternal lullabye. But that is a chancy solution, I admit.

Running away is fun. You trip over some other, interesting bits of Heroquests. Gustbran is particularly neat. Its a pity you can't get him to forge the GodBone for you. Currently, I've never been able to get him to make something for me.... Perhaps I should get an Issaries lost on in the afterlife...

Jeff

P.S. Welcome aboard, you two.