Re: Tricksters, anyone?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 09:51:14 -0500

Douglas Seay wrote:

> From: Douglas Seay <dms_at_...>
>
> "KYER, JEFFREY" wrote:
> >
> > I seem to find that you get one almost immediately as your next noble.
> > But I've never had more than one at a time. Maybe the game is worked
> > out to 'spawn' a new Trickster as soon as the old one dies. I've never
> > gone more than a year or two without one (but I could be freakishly
> > lucky). Just keep checking that Reorganizer.
>
> Not I. After my only trickster was killed doing something poetic with
> dragon newts, I went 12 game years without getting another. I checked
> the noble list every year or two, and no dice. I've done the same thing
> before with Urox (I wanted my folks along for all three of Issaries,
> Lankhor Mhy and Urox). I really wish there was a way to sacrifice
> something (cows, magic, neighboring tulas...) to have some control over
> what worshipers will appear.
>
> - doug

Hmmm. I admit, I was burning Sacred Time Oils on Heroes in a big way though. Though, I do wish that I knew just how that Heroism magic worked. Sometimes I think it pumps up the folks I have and sometimes I think it gives me more Heroes....

I think that having too much control of the game is a bad thing. Maybe that makes me a game heretic but I kinda like having to 'make do' with what I have. But sometimes one finds a complete lack of a certain type of godspeaker very crippling -- especially if it is your clan's deity. Its worse if they are all 'merely' incompetent.

Jeff