"exchange rate" for food

From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:07:09 -0500

I have been giving gifts of food, which seem to be well received. I'm giving about 20 at a shot, since I don't want to appear stingy. Is this roughly equivalent to 20 cows in terms of what it'll feed? I realize that, when trading, every trade is different and 1 food may equal more or less than 1 cow, but I'm trying to get a better handle on what kind of gifts I'm giving.

        Also, what happens if you give cows to the Ducks, who apparently don't herd? Do they just slaughter and eat them, or start a herd? I'm afraid to find to find out.

--Martin