Re: Maran Gor's blessing....

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:16:33 -0500

Bryan Thexton wrote:

> From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
>
> I forget the exact name, but you can get a blessing
> from Maran Gor that improves the fertility of your
> fields when people die on them. My question is if
> anyone knows the timing effects on this.
>
> For example, say you had sacrificed for this blessing
> during Storm season one year, and you then aren't
> raided until The Dark the next year. You have no
> crops in the ground at that point, and the blessing
> will have expired by the time you do. Does it do you
> any good? I guess the alternatives are:
> a) if the blessing is active and people are killed in
> your tula, it helps your next crop, no matter what;
> b) if the blessing is active and people are killed in
> your tula, it helps your next crop if the blessing is
> still active when that next crop is planted, or
> c) if the blessing is active and people are killed on
> your tula, if there are crops in the ground right
> then, it helps those crops.
>
> Finally, does anyone know if the number of deaths
> matter, or merely that some people die?
>
> Thanks to anyone that can help;
>
> --Bryan

I can't answer most of this but I seem to find that if there's vast war and bloodshed on the Tula, I get AMAZING crops. Nice red barley beer. I usualy just build a shrine to Maran Gor when I have a some ongoing "problems" with my neighbors and have done with it.

If you are engaged in a deathstruggle, it does help as many of your farmers are not going to be able to help harvest.

Jeff